Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Inspirations from Spain

Initially, I went to Spain with the thought of taking lots of photos of buildings and landscapes. As it turned out, I ended up with more shots of people than concrete. Below are some photos of inspiration to document my experiences:

A freeze-frame of a beautiful Spanish-style dancer at Plaza Mayor. As I watched her dance and observed her rhythms, I was rewarded with this calculated moment when she made her turn. If this photo was all I took for that day, I would have been just as happy!


A low angle shot of James running up the staircase, which shows a glimpse of Castle Montjuic. The cloudy, overcast sky, particularly from this angle, gives it an epic feel.


A couple, seemingly in love, displays adoration for each other in the public square. This scene captures the poetic moment of romance, especially through its shallow DOF blurring out the streetlamps in the backdrop.

Although pigeons are a dime a dozen, this photo stands out in my collection. I like the naturally desaturated colors, drawing our attention to its amber colored eye. This was taken during my visit to a Gothic cathedral under construction. It invoked an image of those scenes from the movies where we see pigeons fluttering away high up from the bell tower, giving me a feeling of being a part of the medieval times.

No comments:

Post a Comment